Monday, April 2, 2012

Spring!

I love spring! Mostly because it's one of the few times of year in Arkansas that you can enjoy the outdoors without any extreme temperatures, but also because of the fresh produce! After a winter of beans and potatoes, I'm looking forward to all of the colorful and delicious fruits and veggies that are coming our way!

Last night we had our first taste of some fresh strawberries. I decided to save myself some time and just cut up the whole container so we can grab a handful whenever we want! This morning I sacked up a handful and put in Free Range Bennett's lunch box.

I've also read about some freezer jam recipes that I'm planning on trying with seasonal berries. We were successful with the apple butter experiment, so I'm ready to move on to try new things. Also, homemade jams and apple butter make excellent gifts!

With the recent rains, we've got tons of fresh cilantro and basil growing in the backyard! (That's all the gardening I have time for.) I'm learning how to dry my own herbs so none of mine go to waste!

No comments:

Post a Comment