Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Grocery List

I thought I'd share what our grocery list looks like now that we've switched to whole foods:

Plastic Cutlery (Free Range Bennett has a party @ school)
Organic Unsalted Butter
Plastic Storage Bags
Organic Whole Milk 1/2 gallon
Frozen Spinach
Feta Cheese
Whole Organic Chicken
Organic Chocoloate Chips
Cream Cheese
Artisan Lettuces
Celery
Carrots
Paprika
Onion Powder
2 Dozen Organic Eggs
Whole Wheat Flour
Bay Leaves
Pears
Frozen Corn
Green Beans (I buy these in the can because I love them!)
5lb bag of red potatoes
1 pint grape tomatoes
2 bunches bananas
1 zucchini
Whole Wheat French Bread
1 pint blueberries
Facewash (not a food item, but included in our total)
1/2 pound deli turkey

Grand total $103

I used no coupons, and most of what I bought wasn't even on sale this week. I do try to shop sales, but it just didn't work out that way this week. And we still did pretty well!

One thing I'm experimenting with is buying one protien source each week and making multiple meals out of it. Hopefully this will cut down on cooking time each day.

What I'm making this week:

Dinners:
Roasted Chicken with veggie pancakes (I'm using leftover chicken bones to make stock)
Chicken Enchiladas
Veggie Quiche and Salad
Eat out 1 night
Chili (from the freezer, leftover from a few weeks ago)

Lunches:
Leftover Enchiladas
Turkey Wraps
Chicken Salad and Triscuit crackers (if there's any leftover chicken)

Breakfasts: (all of these made previously and stored in freezer)
Zucchini Muffins
Mini breakfast casseroles
Homemade granola and greek yogurt

Snacks:
Fruit
Homemade No-Bake Energy Balls

No comments:

Post a Comment